Sunbeam Class Page
Your Sunbeam Class captain is Duncan O'Kelly.
If you would like to sail a Sunbeam or contact Duncan O'Kelly, please email by clicking here.
- A Classic keelboat, the largest of the Alfred Westmacott designs, the Solent Sunbeams at Itchenor range from 90 years to new all-GRP and newly epoxied yachts.
- Beautiful lines with great handling across the whole wind spectrum
- Highly competitive racing, very friendly small class
- 25 yachts are based at Itchenor and we race March through to the end of October - 3-4 times a week
- Thursday evening racing May to end of Sept is a highlight for many with dinner afterwards at the Clubhouse. We also visit Bosham and Hayling Island in the evenings annually.
- Many and varied social events all year round eg champagne cocktail parties, dinners, Beach BBQ's, Winter Walks, Champagne birthday parties, evening supper on a Thursday but tea on the lawn after racing is a special love of the Class!
- Only one crew is needed, but 3 in total is good for out of Harbour races.
- Classic Week and Cowes Week programmes with passage races for safety.
- Points Week at Itchenor is popular and a chance to meet up with the other keelboat classes for socials.
- One design racing for men and women.
- Well organised crew / helm request system.
- Regular training mornings for inexperienced crew and helms during the Season.
- Associate membership for only £10 per year gives access to regular Class communications and the crew availability
- MANY trophies to be won for individual races, series and seasons etc Silverware, glassware, pictures, paintings, models etc
- Team racing against the Falmouth Division of Sunbeams annually
- Sunbeams for sale, charter and crewing opportunities, talk to Duncan O'Kelly, the Class Captain.
- Try a Sunbeam - Come for a sail - and stay a lifetime...